I’ve always been intimidated by cooking large cuts of beef. Which is silly because we buy a side of it every year. I could never count on it coming out perfectly UNTIL I used this recipe.
It’s written for Eye of Round, but I used it tonight on a 4 pound Sirloin Tip. Just follow the equation for time + weight, for a perfectly juicy, slight pink on the inside, outcome.
Roast – High Temperature Eye-of-Round
Main Dish, Meats
1 (3 pound) beef eye of round roast
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C).
2. Season the roast with salt and pepper and place in a roasting pan or baking dish.
3. Do NOT cover or add water.
4. Place the roast in the preheated oven.
5. Reduce the temperature to 475 degrees F (245 degrees C).
6. Roast for 7 minutes per pound.
7. Then turn off the oven and let the roast sit in the hot oven for 2 1/2 hours. Do NOT open oven door AT ALL during this time!
8. Remove the roast from the oven, the internal temperature should have reached at least 145 degrees F (65 degrees C). Carve into thin slices to serve.
Calories 227 kcal 11%
Carbohydrates 0 g 0%
Cholesterol 71 mg 24%
Fat 12.6 g 19%
Fiber 0 g 0%
Protein 26.6 g 53%
Sodium 123 mg 5%